2.28.2011

Best Dressed: Oscars

Runners Up
Gwyneth Paltrow
in Calvin Klein Collection
I loved the sheer simplicity of this dress. It is so clean and minimal yet so interesting at the same time. She really let the dress do the talking and boy did it have alot to say.
Mila Kunis
Elie Saab Couture
Not my favorite dress from Elie's couture collection but beautiful none the less. The detailing and sheer beauty of this dress make it appealing to both the public and the fashion world. She really showed that she can be both the girl next door and the glamour girl in the same dress.
Florence Welch
in Valentino Couture
It's classic Florence; one part edgy, one part girly, one part kitschy. I really wanted to see a dress from this collection on the Oscars carpet and who else to deliver it than Miss Florence.
Natalie Portman
in Rodarte
I totally expected Natalie to look like a mess, she hasn't been doing good so far this season but I did like this dress, but I was a bit underwhelmed. However, the hair and the jewelry are wonderfully complimentary and simply fantastic.
Hilary Swank
Gucci Premiere
I love feathers on dresses and it was something else I wanted to see on the carpet and lord did Hilary kill it. I honestly didn't expect much from her but she really went out of her way to deliver and kill it.
Nicole Kidman
in Christian Dior Couture
I've learned not to expect much from Nicole Kidman on the red carpet. She usually looks terribly boring and dated. After she killed it on the red carpet at the Grammy's I had a renewed faith in her. This dress was stepping out of her comfort zone but still classic. It wasn't my favorite dress and I think she could have done better but I can take what I get.
Hailee Steinfeld
in Marchesa
No one would have blamed Hailee from showing up wearing a diamond tiara and the biggest chiffon and sequined ball gown you can imagine. She is a teenage girl and nominated for an Oscar! What she did was a very subdued version of that. The dress is actually something she sketched and Marches brought to life and I think it is just fantastic she really showed that not only does she have great taste but she has an eye and a talent for design and fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment