2.18.2010

FAIL

Let me start off by saying I am a HUGE Proenza Schouler fan. When Chloë Sevigny wore their leather jump suit, I was all over it. When the PS1 bag hit the market, I wanted to dash off to Barney's just to touch it. The surfer collection from last season? They made me want to move to California (which is really saying alot, as I generally dislike California).
However this collection is a fucking mess. It seems like it's been done by everyone under them in the fashion ranks. The black leather sweetheart dress looks like a Luella castoff. The crazy prints and patterns look like some sort of concoction made by Jeremy Scott. Those CLOGS don't get me started on those awful horse hooves that are supposed to look like shoes. No, just no, clogs are for Spring 2010 and only if they are made by Chanel.
Where is the creativity for seasons past? Have they just lost their drive? This collection has by far been the biggest let down so far this season. Oh, and their audience? Let's just say I'm pretty sure that even my mother was invited to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment